Edenderry Community Development Association  
   
  A Community Association based in Portadown  

Cultural and Historical Home

Streets Files

Uploaded Cultural and Historical Photos - click a photo to see an enlarged picture with further info.


Horse and cart outside Hamilton Robb's Boiler House
Horse and cart outside Hamilton Robb's Boiler House

The horse and cart is stopped beside Hamilton Robb's Boiler House just before Bridge.The Boiler House was demolished almost 100 years ago and in its place today is the entrance to the old Portadown College which was Hamilton Robb's residence.
Ross Raymonds shop is accross the road.
The houses to the right in the background still stand today and the accountancy firm of Rock Hall carry on their business from one of these premises.

Bright Street Bill Boards
Bright Street Bill Boards

Putting advertising material on bill boards at the end of Bright Street.

Photo courtesy Mrs d mullen

Foundry Street
Foundry Street

The side of Heathwoods house after the demolition of the old grain mill. It bounds onto Foundry Street.
WE URGENTLY REQUIRE PHOTOS OF THE STREET.

Photo courtesy of Mrs C Vogan



Foundry Street
Foundry Street

This is a photo of the front elevation of the old grain factory before it was demolished.

Photo courtesy of Mrs C Vogan

Foundry Street
Foundry Street

THis is a photo of the old Grain Mill in Foundry Street before it was demolished.
WE URGENTLY REQUIRE PHOTOS OF FOUNDRY STREET.

This photo is courtesy Mrs C Vogan

Joseph Street - 1946 - 1947
Joseph Street - 1946 - 1947

In the front of photo which dates back to 1946/47 are from left, Mrs Lena Creaney and Annie Magee.
The photo was taken outside 14 Joseph Street.Annie Magee lived at number 17.
At the back left is Bobby and right Jean Creaney.

Photo courtesy John Gillespie



Joseph Street - 1946
Joseph Street - 1946

This photo was taken in 1946 and on the very front right is Bobby Creaney. Also included are the Walker boys and the Coppers boys.

Photo courtesy John Gillespie

Upgrade first houses in Joseph Street
Upgrade first houses in Joseph Street

Photo taken in 1987 shows the first houses in Joseph Street being upgraded.

Photo courtesy of Mr George Weir.

Rear of Joseph street after upgrade.
Rear of Joseph street after upgrade.

This photo was taken in 1987 shows the rear of Joseph Street after the upgrade.

Photo courtesy of Mr George Weir.



Joseph Street before upgrade
Joseph Street before upgrade

The photo taken in 1977 shows the back of Joseph Street houses prior to upgrade. Note the Gas Works chimney.
Note Florence Court gone by this stage after last 2 houses were demolished.

Photo courtesy of Mr George Weir.

Last 2 houses in Florence Court
Last 2 houses in Florence Court

Photo shows last 2 houses in Florence Court before they were demolished.The very last house was occupied by Billy Gracey and next to him was Sarah Freeburn.Note the number of cars parked in the Street. Note also Young''s Lemonade Store with the blue doors and behind them was the Mill & Gantry to Wades factory. To the left of the store is Rockeden Guest House.
The pigeon loft to the front of the photo belonged to Harry Finn.The photo was taken in 1977 from the upstairs window of 145 Bridge Street.The Railway Station is in the background.

Photo courtesy Mr George Weir

Joseph Street
Joseph Street

Early 70's photo of Mrs Sarah Brownlee standing in front of Carson's Vauxhall Victor with one of Gaswork's Tanks in back ground.
Photo courtesy of Victor Brownlee.

1 2 3 4 next

Last 5 Additions

FUN!
FUN!

Fun, flower arrangement and festive spirit
Community
Community

Fun, flower arrangement and festive spirit
Links
Links

Fun, flower arrangement and festive spirit
ECL
ECL

Fun, flower arrangement and festive spirit
Over 50s
Over 50s

Fun, flower arrangement and festive spirit

Total Hits: 1111401 © 2005 Edenderry Community Development Association Current Users: 9